All You Need to Know about Boob Job
What is Boob Job?
Boob job, also known as breast enlargement / augmentation or breast implant, is used to enhance the size, change the shape and the form of the breasts of a woman. Breast implant is generally used for two purposes: cosmetic and reconstructive. There can be a number of reasons to undertake boob job which may include but are not limited to:
• Being unhappy and uncomfortable about the size, shape or symmetry of the breasts.
• The change of the form and firmness of the breasts due to weight loss, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
• Removal of one or both breasts (mastectomy) due to breast cancer.
Methods of Boob Job
The method for breast enlargement is decided by the cosmetic surgeon considering patient’s needs, weight, body shape and the structure of the breasts. It is very important to talk about the different types of breast implants available in detail with your surgeon before the operation to get the best result out of your breast implant.
There are 2 types of implants generally used for breast enlargement surgery:
– Silicone gel breast implants are filled with silicone gel. They are filled before they are inserted into the breasts.
– Saline breast implants are filled with sterile salt water. The implants could be filled before they were inserted into your breasts or could be filled after they were inserted into your breasts.
How is Boob Job Performed?
Length of Breast Implant: Breast enlargement surgery generally takes about 2 -3 hours.
Anesthesia: Breast implant is performed under general anesthesia.
Inpatient or Outpatient: Inpatient.
Incision: Incision areas are chosen by the patient and breast enlargement surgeon. To minimize the visibility of scars, ‘hidden’ areas are used to make incisions.
There are 3 commonly used incision options for breast enlargement surgery:
• Periareolar incision: The incision is made around the nipples.
• Inframammary incision: The incision is made in the fold underneath of each breast.
• Transaxillary incision: The incision is made under the armpit.
The type of incision for breast implant is chosen by your surgeon considering the type of breast augmentation, the degree of enlargement that you want, and your body type.
• Fitting/ inserting the breast implant: A breast implant is inserted after the incisions were made. There are 2 ways commonly used to insert a breast implant:
• Subglandular: breast implant is positioned between your breast tissue and your chest muscle
• Submuscular: breast implant is positioned behind your chest muscle
After fitting the breast implant, incisions are sealed by stitches which will disappear over time.
Instructions for Pre-Operation
Your MCAN Health surgeon will be with you at every phase of the surgery. The pre-operation instructions will be given to you by your breast enlargement surgeon in detail before breast implant surgery such as:
• Having a health check-up before the operation to make sure that you are fit to have breast enlargement.
• Not to take aspirin, ibuprofen or any other anti-inflammatory medication.
• Quitting smoking two weeks before the surgery.
• Avoiding to consume alcohol one day before the surgery.
• Remove your makeup, any other cosmetics and any metal jewels on your body.
• Not to consume any food or beverages some time before the operation starts, etc.
Instructions for Post-Operation
These are among the post-operation instructions that you will be informed about:
• Avoiding heavy physical exercises.
• Wearing a support bra for 2-3 days after the boob job.
• Taking certain medication.
• Avoiding swimming pools.
• Avoiding the use of any creams or gels on the are treated.
• Keeping the sterile bandage on the wound for a day, etc.
Results of Boob Job
You can check our before after gallery for results of boob job here.
Advantages of a breast implant in Turkey by MCAN Health:
• Restored and increased self-esteem.
• Increased femininity.
• More options for fashionable clothing.
• Wearing tops and bikinis with a great confidence.