All You Need to Know about Dental Crowns
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is used to cover an existing natural tooth to strengthen the tooth or to improve the appearance of the tooth. A dental crown can be used for both medical and cosmetic reasons. Dental crowns are long lasting however; the durability of a dental crown also depends on how it is looked after.
How is a Dental Crown Procedure Performed?
Length of a Dental Crown Procedure: Tooth crown procedure has 2 phases. First appointment is for consultation and preparation and the second one is for fitting the tooth crown. Both appointments take 2-3 hours individually. Between these appointments, there will be 1 to 2 weeks.
Inpatient or Outpatient: A very safe outpatient procedure, no need to stay in the hospital.
Anaesthesia: Local anaesthesia.
Preparation and Fitting:
- At first appointment: Your MCAN Health dentist in Turkey will prepare your tooth for crown. Your tooth will be cleaned and drilled down to fit the crown. The impression then will be taken and sent to the laboratory to produce your permanent crown. Until your second appointment, you will be provided with a temporary tooth crown.
- At second appointment: After your temporary dental crown is removed, your MCAN Health dentist in Turkey will place your new dental crown. Any adjustments or alterations can be made at this stage. Once you are satisfied with the fitting and feeling of your new tooth crown, it will be bonded to your teeth.
Instructions for Pre-Operation
Pre-operation instructions will be given to you prior to the dental crown treatment. You may be expected to take care of hygiene and cleanliness of your teeth prior to the surgery. You may also be expected to inform your dentist about your health history. You may need to avoid alcohol and certain medication before your dental crowns treatment.
Instructions for Post-Operation
Your MCAN Health dentist may prescribe you with certain medication. After you have your tooth crown, you need to give some extra care for hygiene of your teeth. You may be need to avoid consuming hot and cold on the day of the treatment. You also need to brush your teeth gently especially for the first few days after your dental crowns treatment.
Results of Dental Crowns
You can check our before after gallery for results of dental crowns here.
The benefits of Dental Crowns in Turkey with MCAN Health:
• Even and improved teeth appearance.
• An increased confidence and esteem.
• No more embarrassment or discomfort due to teeth.
• Ability to smile and laugh by showing teeth with no hesitation.
• Improved ability of chewing.