Facelift (Rhytidectomy) in Turkey
Do you want to regain your youthful look on your face? MCAN Health is here to help you with facelift in Turkey.
Face lift, also referred to as rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgery procedure aiming to enhance the look of the face and neck by tightening and fixing sagging and wrinkled skin and skin muscles. Facelift is preferred by both women and men who want to have more youthful appearance. Ageing which affects all of us eventually is the main reason of losing the elasticity of the skin along with gravity, exposure to sunlight, smoking, environmental conditions, alcohol consumption, and stress. Losing the elasticity of the skin causes unwanted wrinkles and lines which are associated with ageing and tiredness even though we may feel the opposite. The difference between how we look and how we feel can cause unhappiness with the look, low self-confidence and distress. Facelift surgery offers a great opportunity for people who want to look as young as they feel. If you want to have a complete rejuvenation on your face and look, you can combine face lift surgery with eyelid surgery.
Face lift is among the most popular cosmetic surgeries for both women and men. Facelift abroad is preferred by an increasing number of people because of lower costs. Facelift in Turkey offers not only affordable costs but also a professional and high quality service. Facelift in Turkey is becoming more and more popular among people who prefer having facelift abroad.
Why is MCAN Health the Best for Facelift (Rhytidectomy) in Turkey?
MCAN Health’s facelift surgeons are highly talented and experienced. They have been working with women and men from different ethnic backgrounds. Thanks to their experience and talent, they provide our patients with the best results.
MCAN Health offers you:
• Facelift with the highest technology.
• Facelift with no visible scars.
• Facelift with affordable costs.
• Facelift at JCI (Joint Commission International) accredited hospitals.
• Natural results.
All You Need to Know about Facelift
What is Facelift (Rhytidectomy)?
Rhytidectomy, or facelift, is a surgical procedure that removes the lines and wrinkles and fixes the sagging skin on the face and neck. The aim of a facelift surgery is to remove the signs of ageing and to have a more youthful look. Sagging skin, loss of skin tone/colour, excessive fat under the jaw and wrinkles around the eyes and the corner of the mouth are considered as signs of ageing.
A facelift gives great results for the lower half of the face and particularly the jaw line and neck. For wrinkled eyelids and sagging eyebrows, an eye lid surgery works very well. Patients go for a brow lift surgery to get the best results for the wrinkles on the forehead. Many patients prefer to have facelift together with eyelid surgery and brow lift which enables patients to have a youthful and enhanced look on the face including eyes and forehead and on the neck.
How is Facelift (Rhytidectomy) Performed?
Length of a facelift surgery: A face lift surgery usually takes around 3 to 10 hours. The length of a face lift surgery varies from one patient to another because it is determined by the amount of the area treated and the condition of the skin.
Inpatient or Outpatient: Usually, patients stay in the hospital for 1 night.
Anaesthesia: Face lift is usually performed under general anaesthesia.
Incisions: There are different techniques that can be used for a face lift surgery. The technique is determined by the condition of the skin and the expectations of the patient from the face lift. These 3 techniques that are the most widely used:
- Traditional Face Lift (SMAS facelift): the incisions are made in the hairline around the ears on both sides of the face which help to hide scars until they fade away. Deep layer of the skin, called SMAS layer, will be lifted, the skin towards the ears will be tightened and the excess skin will be removed.
- Limited incision (MACS facelift): small incisions are made behind the ears to tighten the deep layer of the skin with special suspension stitches
- Mid facelift: small incisions are made along the hairline and either inside the mouth or the lower eyelid to treat the facial area below the lower eyelids.
Lifting up the skin & removing excessive fat: After the incisions are done, your skin is gently lifted and any excessive skin and fat is removed.
Closing up the incisions: Incision lines will not be visible after the face lift surgery as they will be well hidden within the hairline and in the natural contours of the face and ear until they fade away.
Instructions for Pre-Operation
You will be in the care of your MCAN Health face lift surgeon and an entire medical team. You will be advised about pre-operation guidelines before the face lift. Some of these instructions can be:
• No smoking 2 weeks before face lift if you smoke.
• No alcohol at least 1 week before the face lift surgery.
• No eating or drinking 8 hours before facelift.
• Avoiding certain medication; aspirin, ibuprofen, etc. 1 week before the facelift surgery.
• Have a health check-up before the surgery, etc.
Instructions for Post-Operation
Your MCAN Health surgeon will advise you about post-operation care and you will still be in the care of MCAN Health after your operation. We will contact you regularly to check up on you.
• You may be prescribed with certain medication after your face lift surgery.
• You need to sleep on your back with your face looking up at all times for a week.
• You need to avoid sunlight or tanning boots for a while.
• You may be advised to protect your skin at all times by using some special protection creams which will also increase the durability period of your facelift surgery.
• Not wearing make-up for at least 1 week after face lift, etc.
Results of Facelift
You can check our before after gallery for results of face lift here.
Advantages of Face Lift in Turkey by MCAN Health:
• More youthful look.
• A boost in self-confidence and self-esteem.
• More options of clothing with lower necklines.
• No need to spend hours on make-up to hide your wrinkles.
• No conflict between how you feel and how you look.
1) Is facelift an outpatient or inpatient surgery?
Face lift is usually an inpatient surgery, we advise patients to stay in the hospital for 1 day after the face lift surgery.
2) Who is suitable for a facelift surgery?
Any women and men who are in good health condition are suitable for facelift.
3) At what age is facelift performed?
There is no usual age or age limit for facelift. However, people over 30 usually prefer facelift.
4) Does MCAN Health work on men for facelift surgery?
Yes. MCAN Health’s face lift surgeons are experienced working with men and women.
5) Do I need to change my bandages after the facelift surgery?
No. After face lift, you will have a check-up appointment with your MCAN Health surgeon. The bandages on your face will be removed by your MCAN Health surgeon. Once it is done, you do not need to wear any bandages or garments.
6) When can I go back to work?
You can go to work 1 or 2 weeks after your face lift surgery.
7) Can I see the results right after my face uplift surgery?
Yes. You can see the results as soon as the swelling on your face is gone.
8) Am I going to have a natural look after my facelift surgery?
Yes. MCAN Health’s face lift surgeons are very talented and have long years of experience in performing facelift. After your facelift surgery, your face will have a natural and youthful look.
9) When is the best time of a year to have a facelift surgery, summer or winter?
After your facelift surgery, you need to avoid sunlight. Therefore, it is better to have the operation during late summer, spring or winter.
“Look 10 years younger now thanks to face lift job in Turkey with MCAN Health. Fantastic service with affordable prices. Don’t miss it!”
“My flight arrived to Istanbul with a four hour delay due to unexpected weather conditions. I was so stressed about my transfer from the airport to the hotel and that I would not find anyone waiting for me at the airport. I was wrong. My personal host was waiting for me there with a big smile on her face as if she hadn’t wait for that long. The rest of my experience with MCAN Health was same; I felt their hospitality in every step of my treatment.”
“World class face lift surgeons, world class face lift job, world class hospitals, world class hotels, world class treatment with cost-effective prices. No it is not a dream, it is offered by MCAN Health! Thank you MCAN Health for helping me regain my youth.”
“One of my friends had a face lift and she suffered from visible scars afterwards. I really wanted to have face uplift but was not sure and was a bit scared due to my friend’s bad experience. MCAN Health understood my concerns and offered me a free live consultation via skype. I talked to a surgeon who explained me the technique he uses which does not result in visible scars. I felt so relieved that I went for MCAN Health and I am glad I did! I have no visible scars and my face looks so natural that no one believes I had a facelift. Thank you so much MCAN Health!”
“After I got 45, I started feeling the effects of ageing on my face every time I was looking at the mirror. I was feeling so depressed about it that I made my decision to have face uplift. I chose MCAN Health in Turkey because even on the phone, they were so open and transparent to me about facelift in Turkey. They assured me that if I have any problems, even if I have to have the second surgery their insurance will cover me and I would not pay any single extra penny. There were no hidden costs. I had my face uplift with MCAN Health and thanks to my surgeon’s talent with no problem.”