All You Need to Know about Laser Eye Surgery
What is Laser Eye Surgery?
Laser eye surgery involves reshaping of the cornea by laser to correct vision impairment. To perform the procedure, the surface layer of the cornea is moved aside to correct the diopter values by an excimer laser. Then the surface layer is put back smoothly. There are two techniques commonly used for laser eye surgery: LASIK and PRK Wavefront.
How is Laser Eye Surgery Performed?
You will talk to your specialized MCAN Health laser eye surgeon about the most suitable option for you. The technique to use for laser eye surgery is depended on the conditions of your eyes.
Length of the laser eye surgery: Laser eye surgery usually takes around 20 to 30 minutes.
Inpatient/Outpatient: Laser eye surgery is usually outpatient.
Instructions for Pre-Operation
MCAN Health’s specialized laser eye surgeons care about your vision. To get the best results, prior to the laser eye surgery, you need to inform your laser eye surgeon about your medical record, any chronic diseases that you have. On the day of your laser eye surgery, you should not put make-up or any other creams, lotions and you should not have piercings on your face.
Instructions for Post-Operation
• Your specialized laser eye surgeon at MCAN Health may prescribe you with medication such as special eye drops; you need to follow up the instructions of your medication.
• You are advised to be accompanied with someone after the surgery as you should not drive. You should avoid putting make up on your eyes for at least 2 weeks.
• You should be gentle with your eyes; you should not rub your eyes and should protect your eyes from external contacts such as water, dust, etc.. You should not take a bath or wash your face for one day after the laser eye surgery.
• You should not take a shower for the first 5 days after the laser eye surgery.
Post-operation instructions may change from one patient to another. Your MCAN Health laser eye surgeon will go through post-operation instructions with you after your laser eye surgery.
Benefits of Eye Laser Surgery with MCAN Health in Turkey:
• Improved and corrected vision.
• No need to wear glasses or contact lenses anymore.
• More carrier opportunities especially as a military professional.
• No more frustration due to fogging-up glasses.
• Ability to wear fashionable sunglasses.
• Better look of your eyes; no smaller appearance of eyes due to thick glasses.
• No itchy and dry eyes due to the use of contact lenses.
• No more risk of eye infection due to unsterilized contact lenses, etc.