All You Need to Know about Liposuction
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery procedure that can re-form and re-shape the body by removing unwanted fat cells from certain parts of the body where fat is generally stored. Liposuction is not used to lose weight or to tackle obesity. The purpose of liposuction is to correct body contour by removing excess fat.
Liposuction can be performed on:
• Hips and buttocks,
• Inner knee,
• Cheeks, chin, neck
• Inner and outer thighs,
• Tummy, etc.
Sometimes diet or physical exercise is not enough to tackle with fat deposits in our body. Excess body fat can also be dangerous for our health as we age. Along with health problems, unwanted fat in our body can make us feel unhappy about the shape and look of our body by limiting our freedom to dress up in a way that we want.
Thanks to the latest technology, liposuction surgery is now pain and scar free and it is done with minimum invasion to the body.
How is Liposuction Performed?
Length of the liposuction treatment: Liposuction operations usually take between 1 and 4 hours depending on how big the treatment area is.
Inpatient or Outpatient: It depends on the size of the area treated and the type of anesthesia used.
Anesthesia: Liposuction operation can be performed under local anesthesia or intravenous sedation or general anesthesia depending on the size of the treatment area, the excess of fat and specific circumstances of the patient. The best and suitable choice will be recommended to you by your MCAN Health surgeon.
Incisions: Liposuction surgery generally involves minor and inconspicuous incisions. A small cut on the skin of the treatment area or several cuts will be done in case the treatment area large.
Loosen and removal of the fat: There are various techniques used for liposuction surgery. MCAN Health’s liposuction surgeons use 3 cutting-edge technology methods for liposuction surgeries:
• Tumescent Liposuction: A thin tube called a cannula, which is attached to a powerful vacuum device inserted through the incision to loosen the fat. Then the fat is extracted from the body by using a surgical vacuum or syringe attached to the cannula.
• Vaser Liposuction (Ultrasonic Liposuction): This technique uses ultrasonic waves via a special cannula to breakdown the fat cells. Vaser Liposuction is a specialized and minimally invasive fat removal procedure and Vaser Liposuction is suitable for both women and men.
• Laser Lipo: Is a recently developed technique that removes body fat by using a laser. The laser is used to loosen fat before removing it from the body. This can be done both externally and internally.
• Externally: A laser is used externally on the patient’s body
• Internally: A laser attached to the suction device is inserted to the area treated through an incision
MCAN Health offers liposuction surgery in Turkey that uses 3 latest technology techniques that promise quicker recovery time, fewer invasions to the body and fewer bruises compared to traditional liposuction techniques.
1. VASER Liposuction: VASER Liposuction, also known as Vaser Liposelection, Ultrasound Liposuction or VASER Hi Def Liposuction, is a type of fat removal and body contouring procedure that is a minimally invasive procedure under general anesthesia. As VASER Liposuction uses the most advanced ultrasound technology, the fat cells can be easily collected without any diminution. This ultrasound technology targets only fat cells and does not damage any other tissues. VASER Liposuction is the best way for fat injection to buttocks. Also, man body sculpturing can be achieved with this process. Creating an athletic, sculpted appearance for men is now easier. Especially the men who long for more defined abdominals or six-pack ab will get great results.
2. Smart Laser Liposuction: Smart Laser Liposuction, also known as Smart Lipo, is a type of surgical procedure to remove unwanted fat that is performed under general anesthesia. The entire procedure takes approximately 4 hours. In 3 days, you can go back to your routine. Smart Laser Liposuction does not leave any scars and it is an easier way to remove fatty deposits. When performing Smart Laser Liposuction, the tumescent technique is used. In the tumescent technique, a large volume of very dilute solution of local anesthesia is injected into the fat beneath the skin. So the solution injected area becomes swollen and firm. This technique minimizes blood loss and eliminates the dangers that have traditional liposuction.
3. Laser Lipolysis: Laser Lipolysis, also known as Laser Lipo, is a non-invasive procedure for removing stubborn fat such as saddlebags, love handles, and double chins. Laser Lipolysis is used to melt the unwanted fat and it reduces the side effects that the traditional liposuction has. Laser Lipolysis is performed under local anesthesia so the patient will be awake but feels numb. Laser Lipolysis takes approximately 2 hours. After a small incision is made in the skin, a thin cannula is inserted into the skin and with the help of a laser probe, the laser light melts the fatty tissue.
Instructions for Pre-Operation
Your liposuction surgeon at MCAN Health will ask you to have some general health checks before the liposuction surgery to make sure that you can have the surgery. You will also be informed about pre-operation instructions in detail by your MCAN Health surgeon. As a requirement of pre-operation you may be asked:
• To stop smoking some weeks before the liposuction surgery.
• Not to take any aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs before the liposuction operation that can make your blood thinner, etc.
Instructions for Post-Operation
The recovery period depends on the type of liposuction you have, the size of the area treated and the anesthetics used for your liposuction surgery. In some liposuction surgeries, if the area treated is small, patients do not stay in the hospital overnight. However, if you have general anesthesia, you will be advised an overnight stay at the hospital.
• Your MCAN Health surgeon may recommend you to take certain medication after the liposuction operation.
• After the liposuction surgery, the treated area may be covered with a corset or bandages which will be helpful to minimize the bruises and swelling.
• Your MCAN Health surgeon will give an appointment date to remove your stitches usually after 1 week from the liposuction surgery.
• You will be informed by your MCAN Health surgeon in detail about post-operation instructions. You will be supported periodically as follow-up care by calls or online live chat.
Results of Liposuction
You can check before after gallery for results of liposuction here.
Benefits of Liposuction in Turkey by MCAN Health:
• An enhanced body shape,
• Enhanced satisfaction about your body shape and proportion,
• A wider range of clothing options; no more big size clothes to hide your body,
• Eagerness to pursue a healthier lifestyle to keep your body shape as is,
• No embarrassment from your body,
• Feeling more attractive