What is a Thigh Lift?
Thigh Lift, also known as thighplasty, is a surgical procedure to remove the unwanted fat and excess skin on inner and outer thighs and to improve the contour of the legs. Thigh Lift operation is generally done in combination with another type of aesthetic surgery such as together with an arm lift operation. The aim of the thigh lift is to reduce the loose and sagging skin on the thighs and it is the best solution for the people who are dissatisfied with the shape of their legs and would like to have firmer and attractive legs.
Thigh Lift is performed for the skin that lost its elasticity on inner and outer thighs. If you have lost dramatic weight, then it is normal to have excess skin on your thighs. Thighplasty is the best solution to get rid of the sagging, hanging skin on your inner or outer thighs.
How is Thighplasty Performed?
Length of a Thigh Lift Procedure: Thighplasty takes 2 to 3 hours. However, it may vary from patient to patient.
Inpatient or Outpatient: Thigh Lift is an inpatient procedure. You may need to stay in the hospital for only one day. In some cases, the patient may stay 3-4 days in the hospital.
Anesthesia: General anesthesia is performed for Thigh Lift Surgery. As you will be in a deep sleep, you do not feel any pain during the surgery.
Types of Thigh Lift
- There are different types of thigh lift. MCAN Health surgeons always use the thigh lift technique that meets your expectations.
- Inner Thigh Lift: Inner Thigh Lift, also known as Medial Thigh Lift, targets to remove both the excess skin that cannot be eliminated through exercise and diet and the skin that lost its elasticity by aging or extreme weight loss. The surgeon makes an incision at the junction where the thigh meets the pubic area. By doing this incision, the surgeon can access the underlying tissues. The medial thigh lift is simple and it does not result in major complications.
- Outer Thigh Lift: Outer thigh lift is also known as Lateral Thigh Lift. When compared to the other thigh lift techniques, an outer thigh lift is much more complicated and the incisions are more extensive.
- Bilateral Thigh Lift: Bilateral Thigh Lift, also known as Circumferential Thigh Lift, is to tighten the skin both on the front and outside of the leg. While the surgeon performs the bilateral thigh lift, s/he will make a V-shaped incision at the lower edge of a bikini bottom. This technique lifts not only your thighs but also your buttocks.
Instructions for Pre-Operation
MCAN Health surgeons will advise you the pre-operation instructions before you have had your Thigh Lift in Turkey. Some of the pre-operation instructions can be:
- You should stop smoking two weeks before your thigh lift.
- You should not use alcohol at least one week before the surgery.
- You should not eat or drink 8 hours before thigh lift surgery.
- If you undergo medial thigh lift, please shave your pubic area 1 or 2 days before surgery.
- You should avoid some certain medication; aspirin, ibuprofen, etc. 1 week before the thigh lift surgery.
Instructions for Post-Operation
MCAN Health surgeons will advise you the post-operation instructions after you have had your Thigh Lift in Turkey. Some of the pre-operation instructions can be:
- You will be given a painkiller and the antibiotics by the doctor and if needed, the doctor may prescribe other medications. You should use the medications as your doctor has described.
- You should abstain from strenuous activities, contact sports, and heavy lifting.
- After the operation, you will have the drainage tubes. These tubes are to remove blood from the operated areas.
Results of Thigh Lift in Turkey by MCAN Health
You can check the before after gallery for results of Thigh Lift here.
Advantages of Thigh Lift in Turkey by MCAN Health:
• You will get rid of loose skin on your thighs.
• You will feel more self-confident and youthful.
• You will have more clothes options.
• You will have smoother skin.