Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) in Turkey
What is Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)?
Direct Hair Implantation is a hair transplantation technique performed by using special DHI Pen, also called DHI Implanter, or CHOI Pen. In the DHI technique, the extracted grafts are directly implanted into the recipient area.
Advantages of DHI Technique
Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) technique provides the most natural look and the most hair density. The scar potential is minimum in DHI and there is no bleeding in the implantation phase. The risk of crusting and postulation is also very low. Since the recovery is very fast in the DHI technique, patients can go back to their daily routines very fast.
Who Are The Good Candidates For DHI Technique?
The patients belonging to the group below are the most appropriate candidates for Direct Hair Implantation (DHI).
- Patients who need front hairline transplantation,
- Eye-brow transplantation,
- Beard and mustache transplantation,
- Patients who do not prefer to be shaved for the operation,
- Patients who want to have thicker and higher density in their receding and balding area (only if the donor area is suitable and the recipient area is not large).
DHI Technique Versus FUE Hair Transplantation
- DHI uses the special Implanter (CHOI Pen) to precisely control the angle, depth, and direction of each implanted follicle. This method creates an all-natural hairline and natural look.
- In the DHI technique, the extracted grafts are directly implanted into the recipient area, whereas in the FUE technique, extracted grafts are kept in a special solution. Then, canals are opened in the recipient area and finally extracted grafts are implanted into the opened canals. There is no extra step of opening canals in DHI. It combines the last 2 steps of FUE into one step.
- There is no bleeding in DHI since the implantation is performed with the special Implanter without open canals.
- There is no crusting, pitting and postulation in DHI.
- It is possible to implant 45-60 grafts per cm2 in FUE, however, it is possible to implant 80-90 grafts per cm2 in DHI without reducing the scalp blood supply. That means the possible maximum density can be achieved with DHI. For example, in a certain receding area over the front hairline, if the maximum graft numb with FUE is 1,000; it could be 2,000 grafts for the same area in the DHI technique.
- The maximum number of grafts in one session with DHI can be around 2,000 grafts, whereas in FUE it can be up to 5,000 grafts. So the patients who need over 2,000 grafts shall accept more than one session with DHI.
- To give angle and direction for grafts is much easier and more successful in DHI with the special Implanter (Pen).
- There is no need for shaving in DHI, only the donor area is trimmed. In FUE, the whole scalp should be shaved before the procedure.
- The patient that has DHI can go to normal routine much quicker than the patient has FUE Hair Transplantation.
- The recovery is faster in DHI.
To get more information about DHI technique, please click here to ask our case managers.