Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions set out the terms and conditions about any treatment package you buy from MCAN Sağlık Turizmi Asistans ve Danışmanlık A.Ş.
Please read these Terms and Conditions and the documents referred to below.
Accessing to the information and the service provided by the website https://www.mcanhealth.com equals to your acceptance of the terms and conditions listed below.
By accepting our terms and conditions, you confirm that you will be bounded with these Terms and Conditions and you agree to comply with them. MCAN Health has right to change and modify the Terms and Conditions without any prior notice.
Once you accept the Quote provided to you and fill Medical History Form and based on Medical History Form if you have no health problem for the planned surgery, you will be required to pay a deposit to us and your contract is based on the Terms and Conditions provided here and under the Medical History Form.
MCAN Health: Mcan Sağlık Turizmi Asistans ve Danışmanlık A.Ş incorporated as a medical tourism company at Tomtom Mah, Nuri Ziya Sok, Nuri Ziya Ap, No:16 Kat:5 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey and a member of Association of Turkish Travel Agencies with the licence number 10771 and accredited by Ministry of Health of Turkey.
Healtcare Provider:The hospital, private clinic, surgeon or any other medical professional providing your consultation, examination, medical procedure and care and aftercare.
Treatment Package: The treatment package which can include treatment, accommodation, transfers, city tour and Customer Experience Specialist services depending on the patient’s choice
Treatment: The medical treatment that will be performed in the chosen healthcare provider.
2. MCAN Health’s Liabilities & Responsibilities
1. Your medical package is determined on the basis of your pictures and test results. Therefore, it might change during a physical examination with your healthcare provider.
2. Your treatment package covers all pre-op tests. However, you may be charged additionally for extra tests considered necessary because of a pre-existing condition or your exposure or susceptibility to any condition.
3. Your treatment package includes the assessed number of nights of your stay at the hospital and this number is stated in your Quote and/or Itinerary. In cases where you stay more nights than is stated in your treatment package, the additional nights will be charged to you at the current rates of the hospital.
4. MCAN Health is a medical facilitator company. MCAN Health does not operate or control any healthcare service facility or service rendered by them. By accepting this terms and conditions you agree not to hold MCAN Health responsible for any malpractice or complications caused by your healthcare provider. The forms at the
treatment center constitute of a contractual relationship between you and the Healthcare Provider.
We do not hold medical qualifications and shall not be held responsible or liable for any medical procedures provided through your chosen Healthcare Provider. We shall not be held responsible or liable for any care, treatment or other services you are provided by healthcare provider, or for any malpractice claims that may arise directly or indirectly from their advice. Similarly, we shall not take any responsibility or liability for the complications and dissatisfaction arising from Healthcare Provider’s treatments. We strongly recommend that you read the Healthcare Provider’s terms and conditions and consent forms carefully prior to proceeding with your treatments.
5. MCAN Health will provide you with all the necessary information about your
medical package prior to your journey; it will include:
· The name and contact details of the Healthcare Provider
· The name and contact details of the hotel (if it is included in your medical package)
· The name and contact details of the Customer Experience Specialist (if it is included in your medical package)
· The name and contact details of the driver (If it is included in your medical package)
· Date, time and the locations of the transfers (If it is included in your medical package)
. Date and time of the treatment
. Cost of the treatment package
. Visa and passport requirements
6. MCAN Health is not responsible for any third-party services, such as hotels. MCAN health is responsible for arranging these services.
3. Your Responsibilities
1. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree to share any information about your medical condition.
2. You are responsible for providing appropriate information regarding your medical condition in order to provide you right treatment plan.
3. You are responsible for preparing your travel documents such as passport and visa regarding your treatment offered by the healthcare provider. MCAN Health is not responsible for arranging your travel to Turkey for your treatment.
4. By accepting these terms and conditions you give permission to MCAN Health to get your medical records from your healthcare provider and keep that records in case of necessity.
5. In order to get a treatment from MCAN Health’s healthcare provider you need to make a deposit payment to MCAN Health before you start your journey and you should complete the payment of whole amount prior to your treatment. You will not get any treatment before you complete your payment.
6. It’s your responsibility to add any type of insurance to your medical package. MCAN Health suggests medical travel insurance in its website and you can proceed with one of them. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you accept your insurance obligation.
1) Based on Article 2.1, if your treatment plan changes as a result of your actual physical examination by your doctor/surgeon or because of your test results, you have the option not to proceed. In those circumstances, you will receive a refund after deduction of the costs related to tests and consultations and such. Please be aware that MCAN Health is not responsible for refunding your accommodation, travel and transfer costs as those arrangements are not made by MCAN Health but by or through other third party providers, that are not controlled or operated by MCAN Health.
If you want to proceed with the new treatment plan, then you will receive a revised price quotation. The remaining balance to the Healthcare Provider will be settled on base of the initially paid deposit. If the treatment plan changes, the duration of stay may also change. MCAN Health takes no responsibility for this and cannot be held liable for the lack of arrangement or organisation of the extra days stayed or the additional cost of the extra stay.
2) If you pay your deposit payment before you fill Medical History Form and after you fill Medical History Form, the doctor assess that your Health condition is not suitable for the planned surgery, your deposit will be fully refunded.
3) You may cancel your treatment anytime you want by notifying MCAN Health in writing. In case of cancellation, the expenses already made will be deducted on your refund and you will receive the remaining amount at the beginning of the month following your cancellation.
a) If you cancel your treatment within 7 days after you paid your deposit and if your flight ticket is not yet received by MCAN Health and therefor MCAN Health did not book your hotel, driver and hospital yet, your deposit payment will be fully refunded.
b) If you cancel less than 1 month before your procedure and/or if you cancel your procedure after you sent your flight tickets, the stated deposit amount for each treatment type will not be refunded. If you have a valid reason to cancel temporarily, you may still have your treatment within 6 months after your deposit payment is made.
c) If you cancel less than 48 hours before the surgery, you will pay your incurred expenses of hotel, airport and internal transfers and any fee for any treatment that already has been performed (pre-op tests and consultation). Your deposit will be deducted from the stated expenses and the remaining amount will be paid by you to MCAN Health directly either by credit card, cash or bank transfer.
5. Medical Examination
MCAN Health reminds you that all kinds of surgery/treatment carry certain medical risks; the risks associated with cosmetic surgery also include dissatisfaction with the results. You and the surgeon/professional have to agree about the anticipated outcome of your surgery/treatment, so that your expectations of the results will be realistic and reasonable. Any medical or surgical advice provided through the MCAN Health Web site, e-mail documents, any messages are accurate to the best of MCAN Health’s knowledge. However, it is your responsibility that they are once more discussed at a face-to- face consultation with your Surgeon prior to your treatment.
Therefore please never hesitate to ask your surgeon all you want to know before undergoing a surgical treatment.
You will have a certain number of controls after your surgery. One will be at the hospital and the other will be before you will return to your country. Your after-care instructions will be provided to you by your surgeon. You are obliged to follow the after-care instructions. If any indication of complications occurs after you have returned to your country, we will assist you by asking your pictures, test results, any doctor report that you received in your home country and we will deliver them to your surgeon to follow your case, provide an opinion and determine possible next steps for post-operative treatment.
If you require revision or corrective treatment and if your surgeon confirms and accept that you are in need of revision or corrective surgery, the surgeon will underwrite the cost of the treatment. You will only have to bear the cost of the hospital (excluding the surgeon), travel, accommodation, transfers and sustenance in that case.
The clinic/hospital will give you aftercare instructions and advice. Should you not follow these instructions and repercussions would arise because of the lack of care, the hospital and surgeon cannot be held responsible. There is no possibility for a refund by your hospital, surgeon or MCAN Health. MCAN Health also suggests in its website a medical travel insurance that covers surgery/treatment expenses in your home country in the case of any complication. Having an insurance is your responsibility.
7. Feedbacks and Reviews
MCAN Health aims to provide excellent service. MCAN Health is looking for feedback from its patients in order to improve its services provided that the reviews are sincere, genuine, helpful and directly related to MCAN Health services. MCAN Health is an intermediary to provide the quality treatments at affordable prices. However, MCAN Health cannot be held responsible for the services given by healthcare providers and their action.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree not to attack or criticise MCAN Health or any of its employee publicly (review websites, social media networks, blogs, public forums etc.) in regard to Medical Service Provider’s (doctor, medical personnel, hospital) treatment and services and the services of the hotel. In case of breaching of this clause, you have to remove and take down the content immediately upon our assessment. If content remains, in part or in whole, you agree to pay 5,000 EUR to MCAN Health as damages.
8.Confidentiality and Data Protection
1. MCAN Health is responsible for the safekeeping of your personal information in a strictly confidential manner. MCAN Health will not disclose your data, records or information without your consent and will only share it with medical staff.
2. To guarantee your privacy, MCAN Health maintains all patient information in compliance with Turkish Laws regarding the release and disclosure of personal health information. Your anonymous before and after pictures can be used for demonstrative purposes and might be presented only to show possible results from various procedures. We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. By accepting these terms and conditions you permit MCAN Health to use your the before after pictures of your treatment in an anonymous way to improve our site, to provide better customer service.
In case of disputes arising from this contract, the Parties accept the authority of Courts and Execution Directorates of Istanbul.