What is Ear Reshaping?
Ear reshaping, also known as otoplasty, ear correction, and pinnaplasty, is a surgery that involves changing the size of the ears and pinning back them. Ear reshaping is a very safe procedure and it can be carried out on adults and children. However, for the children under the age of 5, ear correction surgery can be dangerous.
If the shape of the ears causes people psychological distress, then undergoing an otoplasty will be a reasonable solution. Ear correction is performed thinning the cartilaginous structure from behind the ear.
How is Otoplasty Performed?
Length of Ear Reshaping Procedure: Ear Reshaping generally takes 2 to 3 hours.
Inpatient or Outpatient: Ear reshaping is an outpatient procedure.
Anesthesia: Both general and local anesthesia can be performed for Ear Reshaping Surgery. It will be decided by your surgeon.
Instructions for Pre-Operation
MCAN Health surgeons will advise you the pre-operation instructions before you have your ear reshaping in Turkey. Some of the pre-operation instructions can be:
– We suggest you take a shower and wash your hair before your ear reshaping surgery. It is because the bandage may stay for one week.
– Stop smoking at least one week before the ear correction surgery.
– Discontinue aspirin or any other medication before the surgery.
Instructions for Post-Operation
MCAN Health surgeons will advise you the post-operation instructions after you have had your ear reshaping in Turkey. Some of the post-operation instructions can be:
- The recovery period is very short.
- You may feel a soreness, numbness or tingling in your ears after the ear correction.
- There may be slight bruising around the ears.
- There may be a small scar behind your ears.
- You should avoid sleeping on your sides.
Results of Ear Reshaping in Turkey by MCAN Health
You can check the before after gallery for results of Ear Reshaping here.
Ear Reshaping in Turkey by MCAN Health offers you:
- Improved appearance and feel.
- Wider choice of hairstyles.
- Enhanced self-esteem.