The following instructions are general information to be followed before and after a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, therefore; your surgeon’s instructions should be followed primarily. MCAN Health does not accept liability for the accuracy of these instructions.
Before The Surgery:
- Stop taking any medications containing aspirin, non-steroidal or anti-inflammatory effects.
- Stop using any herbal medicine and all diet pills as a precaution for complications that can lead to blood clotting, blood pressure, and respiratory problems.
- Due to anesthesia and healing, it is forbidden to smoke. So please reduce smoking or stop if it is possible.
- Stop drinking alcohol at least 1 week before your surgery.
- Stop drinking or eating anything 8 hours before the surgery.
- Take a shower before you leave the hotel.
- A comfortable dressing is recommended.
- Any metal materials are not allowed in the operation room. Please take your valuables off.
- Do not wear contact lenses; do not wear make-up on the day of your surgery.
After The Surgery (Post-Operation Instructions):
- Any tobacco products and spirit drinks should be stopped to be consumed two weeks before and after.
- In case of infection, swimming is forbidden for four weeks.
- Please keep your buttocks always clean.
- Avoid applying any cream or such on the incision for a month unless your doctor tells you the opposite.
- Sterile bandages should not be removed. You will be informed with further information by your doctor on your last check-up date.
- Shower is not allowed until check-up as long as your doctor does not tell the opposite. After the shower, you should keep the incisions dry and sterilized.
- You may walk around on the day of surgery and after to prevent blood clots from developing, also move your legs frequently.
- Because of the anesthesia and the adaptation of the body to it, you may feel exhausted for a week.
- Walk every day. Each day try to extend the time of these walks
- You should wear your special corset at least for 6 weeks. It will help the skin recovery and lead to a better body shaping.
- First 15 days, you should be careful in sexual activities and tiring yourself.
- You can start the gym after 6 weeks. You should start slowly.
- Please start taking your oral medications until the day of your discharge (especially antibiotics should be finished).
- Swelling and some bruising are normal in BBL. Gradually, they will reduce. The new shape will appear display day by day, but whole healing will end after a year.
Avoid sitting directly on your buttocks, lying flat while sleeping and any traumatic action for at least six weeks. Sleep or sit on each side equally.